How to Apply for Victim Compensation?

1- Find an Advocate

2- Complete the application

3- The completed application must be signed and dated where indicated and mailed to:

Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board
P.O. Box 3036
Sacramento, CA 95812-3036

Ho to Get Your Claim Processed Faster

Complete every section of the application possible.
Include copies of available crime reports, bills, receipts and supporting documentation with the application.
Send bills to the insurance company, workers' compensation carrier, or Medi-Cal right away.

CalVCP corresponds with such providers as needed to verify benefits and coordinate payment of bills.

If you need assistance with your application, don't have a printer and need an application mailed to you, or have questions regarding victim compensation, please contact your local county Victim Witness Assistance Program or call our Helpline toll free at 1-800-777-9229.

Need Additional Help?